One Net One Family, Inc.
Home About Us FAQ Malaria & Africa Contact Us

Education is the way to health

What we do? Why we do it? Mission statement (click here)

> >>Malaria is a vector-borne infectious disease caused by protozoan parasites


>>> It is widespread in tropical and subtropical regions

>>> The disease is caused by protozoan parasites of the genus Plasmodium.


>>> people get malaria by being bitten by an infective female Anopheles mosquito


One Net One Family is an IRS 501(3)(c) tax-exempt (pending) non-profit organization that is dedicated to the fight against malaria in Africa. Our goal is to support awareness, education, training, and research for the immediate and long term development and application of mosquito nets to combat malaria infections and widespread diseases.  Our vision and main priority is to provide one family with one

mosquito net, which is so far the best way to combat malaria. Our approach is a collaborative venture between provide nets at  no cost. It is critical to combine the education and prevention program with easy access to treated mosquito nets. This is why we supply treated mosquito nets to persons at risks with little to means, namely rural dwellers.

Malaria is the number one killer of Africans in Africa. It needlessly kills adults and children alike, just because they cannot afford to sleep under bed nets. Africa alone bears the burden of 90% of the 300 million acute global malaria cases resulting in death. This disease is Africa's leading cause of under-five mortality (20%) and constitutes 10% of the continent's overall disease burden. It accounts for 40% of public health expenditure, 30-50% of inpatient admissions,

and up to 50% of outpatient visits in areas with high malaria transmission.

We understand that as an individual or the member of an organization you are asked frequently to give money, and we know that it is important for you that your money is used wisely and effectively. One of the main strengths of our program is that there is very little lost of resources and that you can see clearly the result of your donation within a short period of time

> >>Only Anopheles mosquitoes can transmit malaria